Dogs are very welcome in Grainau and with many hosts.
- In Grainau, dogs from a shoulder height of 50cm must be kept on a leash.
- From April to October there is a prohibition on access to meadows and pastures.
- Please pay special attention to our many supply and disposal stations for dog waste bags. Dog excrement can be fatal for cows, calves and sheep!
- If you are planning a trip to neighbouring Austria, please remember your dog's current pet passport. This must be carried abroad.
- When hiking in the high mountains, there is also a danger of a dog falling in difficult places. For a good hold a harness is practical here.
- Dogs may travel on all mountain railways and public transport, usually for a small fee.