Whether with the wooden sledge, a racebob or a luge, tobogganing is just fun and is an experience for young and old. Who does not even want to rush down the slope and get into a curve while the cold winter wind blows you in the face. Also on the Zugspitze, Germany's highest mountain, you can experience a fun toboggan run. "Schneefernerkopf", "Sonnenkar" and "Wetterwandeck" - an unforgettable experience for all ages.
|Place||Length||Hight difference||prepared||Parking lot|
|Grainau, Am Gschwendt/Brandweg||400 m||50 hm||yes||Zugspitzstraße/Brandweg|
|Zugspitze (ski area)||300 m||50 hm||yes||Eibsee Cable car station, Grainau|
|Garmisch, St. Martin hut at Grasberg||1,600 m||320 hm||no||Almhütte, Bayernhalle|
|Partenkirchen, Partnachalm||2,000||280 hm||no||Skistadion|
|With our neighbours in Tyrol/Austria||Tobogganing in Tyrol|
Hints and tips for a safe sledding on the natural toboggan runs
- The condition of the natural toboggan runs depends in particular on the snow conditions, the daily weather, the number of sledders and the time of use. Always count on icy, wavy, stony or aperitra places.
- The natural toboggan runs have occasionally narrow curves and steeper sections.
- It is recommended to wear sturdy shoes, gloves, ski goggles and helmets, as well as the use of stable toboggans with two continuous metal runners.
- Please always sledge in an upright sitting position with a view in the direction of travel. Only overtake with sufficient lateral distance and possibly after a warning call, the front slower toboggan has priority!
- For toddlers, the natural toboggan runs are not suitable.
Ski school Zugspitze-Grainau (wooden sledges)
Am Unteren Dorfplatz 3 a, 82491 Grainau,Tel: +49 8821 8466
Tourist-Information Grainau (racebobs)
Parkweg 8, 82491 Grainau, Tel: +49 8821 981850